Thursday, May 5, 2011

This is what i live for!

This week has been such a God's plan, find the calling inside your heart type of week and even with all the emotions of everything this is what i live for...

Wednesday I came into work to my assistant, Jess in my classroom having lots to ketch me up on in the hour that I missed.  Within all the daily reminders and updates she told me this story that will forever stay in my heart and has truly changed my life and how I view my calling.  I did a post awhile back about Easter and how I truly felt called to talk about the true message of Easter this year in my classroom and to stay away from the secular crafts and activities about the holiday.  If you missed it go take a look Easter Reflection. I never knew how pivotal that choice would be, especially in the life of one of the families in my classroom. 

Last week that family had come in talking about their child asking for a bible and how they went out to get him one.  This family is fairly new to the daycare so we really haven't known much about their faith or church background.  That story  lead Jess to go tell Lydia, one of our directors, about how the daycare really was being a ministry to some families and told her about the child asking for a bible.  Lydia started asking who it was and come to find out a few days before this child's mom had emailed the pastor of the church asking about the church and how to get more information.  She talked about how as a child she went to church but since then has kind of wandered away.  The week of Easter her child came home each day telling her the progression of the Easter story that we had talked about during that day.  The mom's heart really started to stir and she began wanting to re-find her own faith again.  Seeing how excited her own child was learning about God and the Easter story lead her to email the pastor. 

It was probably one of the most humbling, God honoring, thankful fulled moments I've had as a teacher.  Thank you God for putting in on my heart to teach the way i did that week, thank you for the open ears of a child and the words he spoke to his mother heart, and the church family there to support such a pivotal moment in a families life. 

This is only the beginning, I know God has such great plans for my life as well as the lives of children.  I've had a passion for children since i can remember and helping them learn that God created them, God loves them and wants to be in their life's is my mission in life.  This is only the beginning to seeing such awesome things take place that I'll have the privilege to witness.  God create more opportunities for me to be a witness and have many more moments like this, because this is what i live for!

1 comment: