Monday, October 17, 2011

Donut Date

Today we spent at home, I have a feeling Aiden is feeling a bit under the weather, so we hung around home for the day.  After his nap I decided to take him for a mommy and me little treat, so we got dressed and headed out to Tim Hortons for a donut.  While it cost very little, its impact was so big for each of us.  I have a friend who has kids and he takes them out on "dates" and this didn't start out as my intention, but as we sat in Tim Hortons and enjoyed our time together, it was such a special time for just him and me.  We spent time doing something he wanted to, sitting in the seats, looking out the window at the truck and buses that passed by.  Today i realized how lucky i am to have so much one on one time with him and i treasure it deeply, but it also made me realize that i want to do this with all my kids.  It may not be donuts each time, but doing something with them one on one, sharing in the time together really is priceless. 

Here's a little window into our mommy Aiden date!



No comments:

Post a Comment