Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I Belong

Last Sunday we started a new song, its written by Kathryn Scott and has really touched my heart.  Today in my rare quiet moments at home I started to listen and look over the music for worship team in a few weeks and this song came up again. 

We all want to feel like we are accepted and love by others, as humansIi think its just in our nature to want that.  I have struggled with this a lot in life.  Being adopted, not being the most popular child in school, growing up with a sister that had developmental disabilities, and all of just "life" left me sometimes not always feeling like i belonged.  This song is such a great reminder to me that I do belong, not only here on this earth but to the one that matters most, God!  I belong to Him.   That is such a cool feeling to know that He wants me, desires to spend time with me and make me feel like I belong. 

As I listen to the words I really feel invited by God to rest in peace with Him those few minutes and feel like where I am, among all my cluttered house or in busy church scene, that I really do belong to Him. 


1 comment:

  1. I was never popular in HS either, and I only had one friend I really hung out with. It was lonely at times. I was also much quieter than I am now and never the life of the party. lol..It's so nice to hear these words, "I belong"..I belong to my Savior, even when ppl in this world fail me, God never will. His promises remain. :)

    ReplyDelete