Friday, January 18, 2013

December in Recap

December has come and gone.  It didn't start, or finish the way i thought but we made it through.  The beginning of the month my aunt passed away so we spent  a lot of time getting things for her organized and were down in SC for a week doing funeral preparations.  We were so blessed to be able to stay with my Uncle Terry, Aunt Janette and their family for the week.  I'm grateful for the time we spent getting to know them better, and explore the area.  We were also blessed to spend a night connecting with old friends who have a very special place in our hearts.  I spend many years while they were in NY caring for their children, and it just makes my heart smile to see my babies being held and loved by children that i had such love for a few years ago.  It was great food, wonderful conversation and lots of great leadership ideas. 

Once back in NY life was still spinning, it is half way through January and I think this week was the first that felt somewhat normal.  We celebration little Melina Joy's first birthday, had a wonderful Christmas and a great new years.  Lots of family time, laughs, memories and great food has filled this last month.  While we set off in 2013 I pray it is led by God and all he has in store for our family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment