Saturday, December 11, 2010

You Gave Life to Me

I was born 25 years ago! I think as the excitement comes so does a sense of stillness in my heart. Being adopted has been an amazing part of my life, my parents were choose by God for me and I thank Him for them everyday. 

But today is a day in my heart that I truly wonder about someone I've never known, but is part of  me forever.  Once you give birth there is a forever connection to that person, and even though that woman has not been an active part of my life I think and pray for her often. 

I think in my past sometimes I've wanted to meet her but never really known what to say.  About a year ago my mom showed me this song by Mark Schultz Everything to Me.  He talks about how he began writing the song and how a lady pointed out to him that the birth mom's of adopted children are very special, and after seeing it from this perspective I began to have a change of heart myself about my own adoption story.  This song captures such a specialness to birth mothers and gives them to true selfless thing they've probably done in their whole life.  After having a son of my own, i truly understand the sacrifice my birth mother did to give me a life she knew she couldn't. 

So this birthday I choose to remember and be grateful that she really did give "everything to me" when she gave me up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment